Cheesesteak egg rolls are loaded with onions, peppers, cheese, and juicy ribeye for a fusion of Philly cheesesteak and Chinese egg rolls. With a batch fried to crispy, golden brown perfection in less than 20 minutes, you’re just a few easy instructions away from the perfect game day appetizer, snack, or side dish.
For more delicious appetizers, try my Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups next!
Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
Take a spin on a classic with these cheesesteak egg rolls. I love egg rolls and experimenting with various fillings. These Philly cheesesteak egg rolls are the best variation I’ve tried thus far!
They are crunchy, savory, cheesy, and ready to devoured. These are unique small bites that everyone at the party will love!
Why You’ll Love This Cheesesteak Egg Rolls Recipe
- The Ultimate Party Appetizer! Compact, crispy, and loaded with meat, cheese, and carmelized peppers and onions; this unique finger food will be irresistable at parties!
- Easily Customizable! Make this recipe your own by adjusting the suggested ingredients.
- So Simple to Make! Cook down your peppers, and onions, then season and cook your steak. Wrap them up and fry. It’s THAT easy!
- Ribeye Steak: Thinly sliced ribeye is traditionally used for Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches but any shaved steak will do.
- Avocado Oil: Sauté the veggies in this.
- Onion: Diced.
- Bell Peppers: Dice red bell pepper and green bell pepper.
- Cheese: I use shredded pepper Jack Cheese and provolone cheese because it melts down to a gooey consistency that makes these egg rolls even more mouthwatering.
- Canola Oil: For frying.
- Egg Wash: Combine 2 Eggs and 2 tablespoons of milk. Whisk them together.
- Seasoning: I use Adobo, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Egg Roll Wrappers: This is the crispy wrapper that all the ingredients are contained in. Find them in the refrigerated section of your grocery store.
How to Make Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
Preheat Frying Oil
Preheat oil in a saucepan to 350 degrees F. Fill with enough oil that egg rolls won’t rest at the bottom of it.
Sauté Onions & Peppers
In a medium or large skillet over medium heat add avocado oil, onion, and peppers, and sauté until slightly softened. Remove and set aside.
Cook Ribeye Steak
Turn to medium high heat and add sliced ribeye and cook for about 5 minutes. Add peppers back in skillet and mix thoroughly. Remove from heat and let cool.
Assemble Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
Place one slice of provolone and mixture into the center of the egg roll wrapper and top with jack cheese. Fold in corners and roll. Seal edges with egg wash.
Fry Egg Rolls
Submerge eggroll in oil and fry until golden brown. Remove and set on paper towels or a rack, in order to drain excess grease. Slice and ENJOY!
Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls Dipping Sauce
These rolls were made for dipping! The only true question is what to dip them with! Here are a few suggestions:
- Sweet Chili Sauce: Play up on those Asian flavors with this sweet, spicy, sticky, sauce.
- Queso Blanco: For more cheesy flavor, dip them into this.
- Garlic Horseradish Sauce: A creamy, savory sauce would be perfect.
- Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls: Deep fried rolls are delicious but you can save some calories by air frying them instead. After assembling them, place them in a preheated air fryer at 400ºF for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. This method will also work for the oven but it may take closer to 20 minutes.
- Meat: You can use sirloin, ground beef or flank steak instead of ribeye. Not interested in beef? Use another protein like chicken. It should be thinly sliced too.
- Spicy: Add some diced jalapenos for a kick of heat. Deseed if you don’t want them to be too spicy.
- Mushrooms: For a more filling egg roll, add this vegetable. It’s also great as a vegetarian option to xreplace the steak. Any variety will work.
Tips for the Best Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
- When slicing the steak, cut against the grain for more tender meat.
- Do not overfill the egg roll wrappers or they may burst while cooking.
- Wrap the egg rolls as tightly as possible in order to prevent leaks during the frying process.
- As you assemble the egg rolls, cover the wrappers with a damp paper towel so they don’t dry out.
These are best served fresh but you can store leftovers. Wrap leftover egg rolls in plastic wrap and refrigetrate for up to 3 days. For longer storage, freeze for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to reheat, put them in the oven or air fryer so they can be just as crispy! Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake them at 350ºF for 10 minutes or until they are completely warmed through.
Can I make Philly cheesesteak egg rolls in advance?
Yes! Assemble the egg rolls then freeze them just before the frying step. Don’t refrigerate uncooked egg rolls or they will become soggy.
How long do you cook frozen egg rolls?
Frozen cheesesteak egg rolls should be fried for about 8 minutes.
What to serve with Philly cheesesteak egg rolls?
Aside from dip, you can serve these egg rolls with a side of french fries.
I hope you enjoy making this Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls recipe! Follow me on Facebook and Instagram for more Internet Chef content!
Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
- 2 8-oz Ribeye thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper diced
- 8 oz Pepper Jack Cheese shredded
- 8 slices Provolone Cheese
- Canola Oil for frying
- 2 Eggs and 2 tbsp Milk whisked together for egg wash
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 package Egg Roll Wrappers
- Preheat oil in a saucepan to 350 degrees F. Fill with enough oil that egg rolls won’t rest at the bottom of it.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat add avocado oil, onion, and peppers, and saute until slightly softened. Remove and set aside.
- Turn to medium high heat and add sliced ribeye and cook for about 5 minutes. Add peppers back in skillet and mix thoroughly. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place one slice of provolone and mixture into center of egg roll wrapper and top with jack cheese. Fold in corners and roll. Seal edges with egg wash.
- Submerge eggroll in oil and fry until golden brown. Remove and set on paper towels. Slice and ENJOY!