Creamy Cilantro Lemon chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion. This tangy and zesty chicken is cooked to perfection and is sure to delight your taste buds with every bite. Try this recipe today and enjoy the delicious flavor of lemon chicken.
You will love this Lemon Chicken Recipe
Cilantro and lemon paired together make the perfect umami bite for your taste buds. It is such an easy one-skillet recipe. Using chicken thighs creates the most juicy and tender piece of chicken too.
This creamy lemon chicken is also a staple in our dinner rotation because it is fairly inexpensive to make. Using a skillet on the stovetop makes this a foolproof recipe, with easy cleanup!
Ingredients for Lemon Chicken
Here is what you will need to make this creamy cilantro lemon chicken skillet:
- Chicken: you will grab some chicken breasts for this lemon chicken recipe.
- Chicken Broth: you will use the chicken broth to help create the cilantro lemon sauce.
- Heavy Cream: this helps create a silky smooth and creamy lemon sauce to drizzle over the chicken.
- Seasonings: all purpose seasoning, old bay seasoning, and paprika are the main flavor boosters that you will use to season the chicken.
- Lemon and Cilantro: the fresh lemon juice and chopped cilantro help give this dish a nice tangy freshness.
How to make the creamy chicken
Start by butterflying your chicken breasts; which means cutting them down the middle horizontally. Do not cut them all the way in half, you just want them to be thinner, and flatter.
Now drizzle some avocado oil all over each chicken breast. Sprinkle all of your seasonings on the chicken. Including the all purpose seasoning, old bay seasoning, and paprika.
Now add some avocado oil into a skillet over medium-high heat. Next, place the chicken breast into the hot oil in one flat layer.
Sear the chicken breast on each side for 3-5 minutes. Once they are golden brown, remove them from the skillet and set them aside.
To make the creamy cilantro lemon sauce, reduce the heat to medium in the skillet. Now add a pad of butter, some of the chopped cilantro or cilantro paste, and some garlic paste.
Once the garlic and cilantro saute for a minute, you will add in some chicken broth. Next, squeeze your fresh lemon juice into the skillet and stir it around until everything is combined.
Now you want to add in some of that heavy cream. Stir this well and let it simmer for about 2-3 minutes. Once it has reduced a bit, add in one more pad of butter.
Serve your chicken over a bed of rice, and some spinach. Drizzle the creamy cilantro lemon sauce all over the chicken.
What to serve with lemon chicken
This creamy lemon sauce is so delicious and pairs well with almost any side dish. I recommend that you serve the creamy cilantro chicken over a bed of rice, mashed potatoes, or even pasta.
Saute some spinach, or your favorite vegetable, and serve it alongside the seared chicken. You can also pair this dish with a fresh side salad.
How do you butterfly chicken breasts?
Place the chicken on a flat, clean, and dry surface. Hold the chicken down with one hand, and use a sharp knife to cut it right down the center, horizontally.
Can you add cream to lemon chicken?
Yes. Adding cream to a lemon sauce helps give it a rich creaminess. It is perfect to serve over chicken.
I Hope You Enjoy This Chicken Broccoli Pasta Bake Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe, and let me know what you think in the comments. Leave a quick review & star rating ★ below! Take pictures, tag #onestopchop, and share them with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen
More Recipes To Try!
Creamy Cilantro Lemon Chicken
- 3 Chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- All purpose seasoning
- Old bay seasoning
- Smoked paprika
- 4 cloves Garlic minced or garlic paste
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped, or cilantro paste
- 3 tablespoons Avocado oil divided
- 2 tablespoons Butter unsalted, divided
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1/2 large Lemon juiced
- Lemon wedge and chopped cilantro for garnish
- Butterfly chicken breasts (cut them in half horizontally), and rub with 1 Tbsp avocado oil and seasonings.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add 2 Tbsp avocado oil and sear your chicken breast 4-5 minutes on each side. After 1st flip, toss in 2 Tbsp unsalted butter and baste chicken breasts. Once fully cooked to 165 F, remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, garlic or garlic paste and Sauté until fragrant, about 60 seconds. Add chicken broth to deglaze and stir to combine.
- Next, squeeze in your lemon juice. Simmer for a few minutes, then add in your heavy cream. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer additional 5-7 minutes to reduce.
- Once reduced to your liking, add 1Tbsp of butter to emulsify and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Plate your chicken over rice, mash, or veggies and pour your sauce directly over it.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and lemon wedges. Enjoy!